At Sewart, we are always accepting applications from talented, passionate, and highly-motivated individuals who are seeking to further their careers at one of the renowned leaders in the marine service industry worldwide. Our team has the opportunity to work with some of the most advanced machinery on the water every day, and we all take pride in serving the most critical needs of the heavy marine industry locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Current Position Availability
Sewart is currently searching for individuals to fill positions for Technicians in Friendswood, Texas.
Technicians Duties and Responsibilities
The Sewart Technicians responsibilities include:
- Insuring our customers equipment is manufactured, inspected, assembled and tested in accordance with Sewart, Industry and Customer specifications
- Maintaining communications with all members of the Sewart team to insure equipment assembled and delivered correctly.
- Complying with Sewart facility HSE regulations
Minimum Skill Requirements
Sewart Technicians are required to have a skill set that can include but is not limited to what is defined below:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and facilities.
- Perform adjustment of repair of items as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance duties that detect early signs of failure or maladjustment.
- Communicate and listen to customers, vendors and other personnel to ensure production on-time deliveries
- Work from machine design drawings, specifications and handbooks.
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends and holidays required.
- Ability to read or learn to read mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic schematics.
- Ability to work as a team member to achieve a common goal.
How to Apply
There are multiple ways to apply for a job with Sewart at either our New Orleans, Houston, or Morgan City branches. You can click below to view and download our PDF job application, fill it out completely, and either fax it with your resume to (504) 348-2200 or bring a hard copy to our headquarters in Morgan City.
Alternatively, you may apply online by completing the form below, attaching your resume as a PDF or DOC(X) file, and clicking “submit.” We will follow up with you promptly regarding your application.